eNorssi in english
eNorssi - Finnish Teacher Training Schools
In Finland Teacher education takes place at universities. There are 13 teacher training schools, which are are administratively part of the faculties of education. Teacher Training Schools's operations are governed and financed by the universities
One of the most important tasks of eNorssi is to meet the education needs of the teacher trainers in the field of information and communications technology. It also helps to keep the teachers tutoring the teacher training up-to-date for the new virtual working methods and equipment. An essential part of the operation of the project are the network based service concepts which offer new tools and create new models for modern teacher training tasks. eNorssi aims at combining the quality factors of Finnish teacher training by means of the network's expertise and public portal services.
eNorssi offers a possibility for developing the information and communications technological skills of the teachers and those training to be teachers and for exploiting them. The network experts develop new kinds of models based on tele and multiform teaching for the basic and further education of the subject teachers and primary school teachers. In addition to that, within the framework of eNorssi, new kinds of multiform educational arrangements for the needs of the qualifying training of teachers working in the field are being developed.
The Duties of The Teacher Training Schools
- Provide teaching
- Supervise and tutor student teachers
- Teaching experiments and research
- In - service education
Collaboration With The University
- Organizing teacher training
- Development and implementation of the curriculums, particularly teacher training
- Provide in service –education for teachers
- Collaboration With A Municipality Curriculum and Development
- Special Needs Pupils
- Day Care in afternoons
Common in Finnish Teacher Training Schools
- Classes that follow an emphasized curriculum - Visual art, English, Music
- International co-operation
- Active citizenship (pupils’ council etc.)
- Developing teaching methods (eg. Maths, physics)
Results are presented in the publication series of the schools and eNorssi.